Journey to Madison

Monday, May 29, 2006

IT'S HERE!

It is 9:36 am and the phone rings. I have goose bumps. It is Shelley...our proposal has arrived. I squeal. We have a sweet baby girl. I hang up and I am bawling. I try calling Aubrey at work several times...can't get through so I leave a message. I say a prayer and thank God for blessing us with a miracle and for making us a family. I cry some more.

I met with Shelley. My hands are shaking as I receive our baby girl's pictures and proposal. The proposal and medical record are in Chinese and have been sent to Bonnie for translation. I met Aubrey for lunch and his eyes are moist as he pours over the pictures. She is beautiful and perfect in every way. We have fallen in love with her! We are both in a daze. We can't wait to get her.

OK...so you are wondering what her name is. It is Xiu Fu Ying. She was born on October 20, 2005. "Xiu" is her last name. "Fu Ying" is her given name. In the Cantonese dialect, it is pronounced "Tsao Fook Un". In the Mandarin dialect, it is pronounced "Siu Fu Ying". We are told that "Fu Ying" means "Blessed Singing Bird" (a little yellow bird that sings beautifully).

We are thrilled to introduce to all of you, our precious daughter:
Madison Taylor Wong





















...and this is the look that melts our hearts:


She is our beautiful little Princess!

Now here is Aubrey's baby picture:

Isn't it eerie and amazing how much Madison looks like Aubrey?! They say that CCAA match babies to the looks of the father and the personality of the mother. Wow...no kidding! As for personality, that remains to be seen...

Our little Madison is from the Xiushan Social Welfare Institute which is located in Xiushan County, Chongqing City. See general map below. Aubrey and I will have to learn a bit more about China's geography and history.

Here is a thought - on October 20, 2005, we attended our first "Waiting Families" meeting and who would have guessed little Madison was born that day!

10 Comments:

  • Wow, Madison is sooo adorable. I do see a resemblence to Aubrey. This is all very exciting and I am so happy for both of you. You have waited a long time for a baby and now your dream is coming true. I look forward to reading more on your journey to Madison.

    Take care,
    Debra

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:37 PM  

  • Congratulations! Susan & Aubrey. Thank you for sharing this happiest moment with us and I look forward to seeing Madison in Vancouver soon.

    Take care,
    Lian

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:20 AM  

  • Sue and Aubrey - It is a struggle to find the words to express how happy I am for you. Madison is simply beautiful, and yes the resemblance is striking between her and Aubrey. I cannot wait to meet her in person and feel priviledged to be included in this incredible part of your lives. Congratulations. I'll be counting the days with you.

    Marissa

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:38 AM  

  • hey nice to meet you both, I just happened to see your link when I was reviewing my stats for the day, and wanted to check out your blog. Congrats on the wonderful news. One of the radio personalities at my local radio station that I am quasi friends with just went thru the exact same thing and blogged about it, here is the link in case you might get to learn a little of the experience you are about to go through. Good luck and welcome to the lil one......The Gay Guru

    http://www.journeytozoey.com/

    By Blogger The Gay Guru, at 1:56 PM  

  • Congratulations Susan and Aubrey! We are so happy for the both of you. Madison is very lucky to have parents like you two. You and Aubrey are going to be great parents. Welcome to the family Madison. Yes! Our first niece!

    Diana & Andy

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:07 PM  

  • Hi Auntie Sue & Uncle Aubrey
    Madison is so cute. Can't wait to meet her.
    Love Stephanie & Sarah

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:44 PM  

  • Congratulations Susan and Aubrey! We are so HAPPY for you. We can't wait to meet Madison (what a beautiful name). Have a wonderful trip to China!

    Betty & Barry

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:41 PM  

  • She's so cute....when can I play with her :)

    Marcus :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:43 PM  

  • Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:10 PM  

  • Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home