LEAVING XIUSHAN...BACK TO CHONGQING
Another early rise. We are leaving at 7:30 am to take that long 5
hour ride back to CQ. Aubrey and I were
happy to have COFFEE this morning at breakfast.
Windy arranged with the hotel to have it ready for us...even if it is
instant coffee! As we left, I saw a
pretty and peaceful little town...or perhaps that is just me feeling this
way. Along the highway, we saw lovely
farm lands and old homes – all untouched by the progression of modernization.
We had lunch at Chong Qing Xiao Tiane. Yes, another 10 course lunch! After lunch, the girls had ice cream from...DAIRY QUEEN. Aubrey and I found a STARBUCKS next door...heaven! We met someone from Spokane Washington. We checked back into the hotel and didn’t bother unpacking. We will be checking out tomorrow to go to Xi’an. We are not very hungry as we had a huge late lunch. The Lais went to the Hong Kong style restaurant around the corner. At 7:00 pm, we walked around with Donna and Katie. We found a shopping mall and the girls wanted McDONALD’S. Aubrey, Donna and I ordered takeout from KFC. Do you think we miss food from back home?!?
We had lunch at Chong Qing Xiao Tiane. Yes, another 10 course lunch! After lunch, the girls had ice cream from...DAIRY QUEEN. Aubrey and I found a STARBUCKS next door...heaven! We met someone from Spokane Washington. We checked back into the hotel and didn’t bother unpacking. We will be checking out tomorrow to go to Xi’an. We are not very hungry as we had a huge late lunch. The Lais went to the Hong Kong style restaurant around the corner. At 7:00 pm, we walked around with Donna and Katie. We found a shopping mall and the girls wanted McDONALD’S. Aubrey, Donna and I ordered takeout from KFC. Do you think we miss food from back home?!?
MADI’S
CORNER:
I woke up
to the sound of a beautiful harp playing!
But it was my alarm clock. I got
dressed, brushed my teeth, then I was ready to go. There was a 5 hour bus ride waiting for me at
7:30. We would be back at approximately
2:00 in Chongqing. The day after that
Windy will bring us back to the airport to go to Xian. Xian is where the Terracotta Warriors
are. When we got back to Chongqing, we
had lunch. Then it was like a 5 minute
ride to the hotel. It felt good being
back at the J.W. Marriott even though we were only staying for a day. Once everyone checked in and got their
luggage that was in storage, we all went to our new rooms and unpacked. The room I was in is 2013. Katie got my old room. Then we went swimming all together, Katie and I went to McDonald’s to have
dinner. My mom and Katie’s mom had
KFC. My dad ate the extra chicken. I tried some too! After me and Katie played this “Plants vs
Zombies” shoot the zombie game. I won a
lot of marbles. Katie got 2. We went back home and played ping pong. Katie lost the ball up in the roof. We dropped Katie off at her room. My dad and me headed back to our room. I went to sleep dreaming about what we’re going
to do tomorrow. End of day.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home